Skip to content
Our Advocacy for Better Cycling and Walking
Adam White and Steve Vaccaro share a lifelong commitment to improving walking and cycling in New York City:
- We bring together victims’ families and legislators and help craft laws to bring about Vision Zero, New York City’s program to eliminate traffic deaths by 2021
- We serve on the boards and advisory panels of the League of American Bicyclists, Transportation Alternatives and StreetsPAC.
- We have been the premier sponsor for more than a decade of the twenty-year old Transportation Alternatives New York City Century, and of other popular group rides such as the Harlem Valley Rail ride, the Tour de Brooklyn and the Tour de Queens.
- We have represented the Five Borough Bicycle Club in its lawsuit to end harassment of group rides by the NYPD; Streetsblog, in its Freedom of Information lawsuit to save the Prospect Park West bike path and in other matters; and Transportation Alternatives, in proving up the shortcomings of NYPD crash investigations.
- We regularly give educational presentations to groups like the New York Cycling Club, the Bicycle Touring Club of New Jersey, the Five Borough Bicycling Club, Time’s Up!, and the League of American Bicyclists.
- We have invested hundreds of hours of volunteer time and given regular financial support to the organizations fighting for better walking and cycling linked at the bottom of this page. We encourage you to click on the links and learn more about these groups’ important work!